- Bmw E46 Wheel Alignment
- Bad E46 Wheel Alignment Readout
- E46 Steering Wheel Alignment
- Wheel Alignment Terminology
- E46 Rear Wheel Alignment
Often, a wheel alignment is recommended the same time new tires are installed. This occurs every 25,000-60,000 miles, so correcting any minor deviation from normal use is necessary. Lastly, if rotating the tires results in a drivability issue, you may be advised to perform an alignment. Jul 15, 2015 When you take your vehicle to an alignment place you must make sure of the following: - You have a full tank of fuel. Your tyres are at the correct pressures (33FR/36RR for E46 M3 with standard 19's) - Your bushes (FCAB, RTAB, rear ball joints) are in good order, and your track rods are not seized up.
- E46 Wheel alignment data - 330ci Sport. Reply Reply Author. Original Poster. Monday 26th March 2018. Due to get my tracking done at the local four.
- The E46 is a favorite among many for its performance potential and traditional BMW looks. The E46 has relatively high offsets from the factory, and we've produced a variety of fitments which can be used for nearly any purpose. Available Wheel Designs (click images to enlarge) All APEX wheel designs are available for this chassis.
- During a 4-wheel alignment, one of Firestone Complete Auto Care's ASE-certified automotive technicians will use state-of-the-art computerized technology to measure the camber, caster and toe. The technician will then adjust those angles (when applicable) to match vehicle manufacturer specifications, ensuring a smooth ride, even tire wear.
|Problem:||Aligning wheel with bolt pattern on hub|
|Application:||All model BMWs|
|Solution:||Use the BMW alignment / centering pin|
|OEM Part Number:||71111093774|
|Where to buy:||BMW dealership, Online retailers|
BMW wheel alignment pin / centering tool:
The BMW tool kit is quite handy for routine maintenance. Throughout different posts on this website, we have showcased its many 'hidden' uses of the tools provided by BMW. This particular post will focus on the wheel alignment pin.
By now, any BMW owner who has removed their wheels will tell you that the wheels are held on in place by bolts. This differs from most American cars which have studs protruding from the wheel hub providing the wheel fastening through nuts.
Because BMW uses bolts, it can be difficult to align the lug pattern from the wheel to the hub. The procedure may not be hard on a 14' wheel from an E30 but larger 19' wheels on late models are heavy and cumbersome. The front wheels are most difficult to align when you try to spin the wheel to align the pattern but the entire hub just spins with it.
Luckily the OEM BMW tool kit has a unique tool to aid you in the wheel installation process. There is a metal pin in the toolkit that has many functions but its use in this particular example has the purpose of aligning the wheel to the hub.
How to use the BMW wheel alignment pin?
Place the plastic end of the tool alignment pin into any of the bolt locations on the wheel hub. Next, take the loose wheel and simply align one of the lug holes from the wheel to the alignment pin. This pin will then guide the wheel onto the hub allowing for the rest of the lug pattern to fall in place.
You can now remove the alignment pin and proceed to install the bolts. Remember to hand start each bolt before using a power tool. This will prevent the potential to cross thread the bolts. Tighten the bolts in a cross or star pattern and please remember to torque to factory specifications. Refer to your maintenance or Bentley manual for these torque specs.
Bmw E46 Wheel Alignment
Torquing your wheels to proper BMW spec is very important, learn more about its importance on our torque post HERE.
How much is a replacement alignment pin?
Replacement wheel alignment pins can be purchased new for around $17.
Bad E46 Wheel Alignment Readout
What is the OEM BMW part number?
E46 Steering Wheel Alignment
Where can I purchase a BMW wheel alignment pin?
Wheel Alignment Terminology
Any BMW dealership or online parts store, just google the part number above.