- I have my phone connected to a Bluetooth speaker and the headphones plugged in. Now I'd like to play audio through the Bluetooth speaker. When I set the audio stream to AudioManager.STREAMMUSIC it just plays over the headphones. It doesn't matter if it plays on the headphones as well but I need it to play on the Bluetooth speaker.
- To output sound from both the TV speakers and an audio device: Connect your audio device to the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT port. Note: If you connect the device to the TV headphone jack, the HDMI ports, or through Bluetooth, the TV can't output sound from both the TV speakers and the audio device at the same time.
“You can’t listen to music through two separate destinations.”
“It doesn’t work with Windows.”
How To Play Sound Through Speakers And Headphones At The Same Time Android
These are the replies I have been receiving for the past five to six years. I’m sure I have searched for this topic around a dozen times, but each time it’s the same response. Consider that you are listening to a song using headphones on your laptop. Your sibling wants to listen in as well, but prefers to use the speaker. Can a clash be avoided? How is it possible to listen to music through more than one option at the same time? Why hasn’t Microsoft thought about this aspect?
I only need it on the Bluetooth speaker, that would be one way. But sometimes it actually does work two way e.g. When you set the stream AudioManager.STREAMRING and have a bluetooth speaker connected the audio plays over the phone's speaker AND over the bluetooth speaker (but when you plug in a headphone it doesn't play over the bluetooth speaker anymore, which i need) – DominicM Mar 1 '17.
Guess what! This has been made possible now. Windows can output sound to two sources at the same time, in most of the cases. What’s best is, the installation of additional programs is not necessary for this to work.
Here’s a step by step instruction on how to use both headphones and speakers at the same time.
- Connect the headphones to the computer. Make sure the speakers are connected as well.
- From the taskbar, right-click the volume icon. Then select Sound from the options, the sound dialog box opens. If you are not able to find the voice icon, use the Windows search box at the bottom left. Type sound and select Sound from the fly-up menu.
- In the Playback tab, right-click the speaker and ‘Set as default device’. Do you find the default device as greyed out or missing? If so, then the speaker might be the default device in your system. You can skip this step if it’s down earlier.
- Click on the Recording tab and right click the empty space and select ‘Show disabled devices’.
- Right click on the option ‘Stereo Mix’ and enable this device. Click again and select Properties.
- Select the Listen tab. Place a check mark in the box ‘Listen to this device’. Choose the headphone you want to playback through from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Apply option. That’s all!
To verify, play the music. The sound should come from both the speakers and headphones. Also, the green bars by both devices should be visible. If the sound is not coming from both, check if the speaker is set as a default device and not a communication device.
Do a quick re-installation of the IDT audio driver. If there is a misconfiguration of the settings in the driver, this can rectify it.
- Select the Device Manager. For this, choose the Windows + R key. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box, click Ok. Or type devmgmt.msc in the Windows search box.
- Open the ‘Sound, video & game controllers’ option.
- Right click on Realtek IDT High Definition Audio and choose the context menu.
- Click install.
- Select OK.
Once you restart your PC, Windows will re-assemble the driver from the files. The driver’s configuration will also be back to the default options.
Download and install a fresh copy of the IDT audio driver. This can be obtained from the support page of the device. Have the files in the audio driver gone corrupt? Then, doing this will fix it. Plus, it will rectify any misconfiguration same as the above step. Make sure to choose the operating system in the menu before downloading the audio driver.
Does the problem still persist even after doing the above steps?
Then shift from IDT audio driver to Windows native audio driver option.
- Select the Device Manager.
- Open ‘Sound, video & game controllers’.
- Right-click and select the option ‘IDT High Definition – Audio Codec’.
- Choose ‘Update Driver Software’ from the list. Select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option.
- Select the option ‘Pick from a list of drivers on my computer’.
- Place a check on the box ‘Show compatible hardware’ if not checked.
- After this, choose ‘High Definition Audio’ and click ‘Next’.
- In the Update Driver Warning box, select ‘Yes’ and install the driver.
- Restart the laptop if prompted.
How To Play Sound Through Both Speakers And Headphones Android Earbuds
If not prompted, there is no need to restart the PC.
Check if you have muted the ‘line-in mic’, then the headphones also will be muted. Fix it by removing the mute from the line-in mic.
How To Play Sound Through Both Speakers And Headphones Android Speaker
- Right click on the icon ‘speakers’.
- Choose the ‘Recording Devices’ option.
- Right, click on the ‘Microphone or Line In’ and click ‘enable’.
How To Play Sound Through Both Speakers And Headphones Android Headphones
How To Play Sound Through Both Speakers And Headphones Android Wireless
Wasn’t these steps simple! Go ahead and enjoy listening to music through speakers and headphones.