Mar 02, 2019 This quick tutorial shows you how to install VMware Workstation Player on Ubuntu Linux. VMware is one of the best application for desktop and server virtualization in Linux. Some people prefer it more than Oracle’s open source VirtualBox. Download VMware Workstation for Windows 7 (32/64 bit) Free. Software that allows you to run multiple OSes on one physical machine at once. From here you can download and attach the VMDK image to your VMware and use it. We provide images for both architectures 32bit and 64bit, you can download for free for both architectures. At the moment we have plans to offer you 30+ Linux/Unix distributions, we may add more to our list in near future, you can also send us suggestions if we are.
Supported operating systems include GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows. On Linux, the project is distributed as two binary files, one for each of the supported hardware platforms (64-bit and 32-bit). Each binary file includes the VMware Player and VMware Player Plus components.
This is a simple step by step guide. You will learn “How to install kali linux on VMWare Workstation Player”
About VMWare Workstation Player
It is free only for personal purposes. There is also available more advanced version called “VMWare Workstation.
Vmware Player Download 64 Bit
VMWare Workstation Player install on linux (Debian based, ubuntu etc.)
Download it, Click here
Open your downloads folder with terminal
Vmware Player Linux 32-bit Download
Then we need to change file permissions to make it executable, find the file with your file manager and copy the name.
chmod a+x VMware-Player-yourversionhere.bundle
Execute it by typing:
Vmware Player Linux 32 Bit Download Microsoft
Follow the installation instructions and install the software
Installation on Windows
Just download it and double click it, and install as any other software. Download:Click here
How to install Kali Linux on VMWare Player
1. Download official Kali Linux ISO Image from here
2. Select your the .iso image you just downloaded, click “Next”
3. Then select “Linux” -> “Debian 8.x 64-bit” (or 32-bit if you downloaded 32-bit iso image).
4. Select the Virtual Machine location of your choice and name it.
5. Select your virtual disk size. VMWare recommends 20GB for Debian systems, if you are going to use Kali for cracking you should make it 40-50GB so the large wordlists will fit on the virtual drive. You are able to enlarge the disk later, but not shrink it!
Click on “store virtual disk as a single file” if you’re not going to move the drive to another computer. Splitting to multiple files may reduce performance of your virtual machine
6. Click on “Customize hardware…” and change the RAM atleast to 2048MB (2GB). I would recommend 4-6gb depending on your hardwares RAM capacity. I have 16GB so I will make it 6GB. 1GB = 1024 MB so 6GB = 6144 MB
I don’t recommend changing anything else, just close and fire up the virtual machine.
Installing the system
7. After starting it up, use your keys to go to “Install” part and press enter to start the installation.
8. Select language, region and your keymap
9. Select your hostname. As kali says, you can make something up unless you’re going to set up your own home network. Same goes for domain.
10. Set your root password
11. Select your time zone.
12. Select the first option “Guided – use the entire disk”
13. Partitionin scheme: select first option
14. Just accept everything and wait the installation to complete, then Login with username: root and with the password you just made up.
15. Happy hacking with Kali Linux!
My tutorials are only made for educational purposes, please do not harm anyone elses machines.
Thank you for following my tutorial till the end!
Since version 4, only the 64-bit version of VMware Player is available. 32-bit CPUs are not supported anymore.